As we told you would happen two days ago, Subatomic Studios has officially released Fieldrunners 2 HD in the App Store. The highly-anticpated iPad version of the game features new weapons, features, and full support for the iPad’s Retina display.
The biggest sequel in tower defense history is now on iPad: Fieldrunners 2 HD has arrived! From Subatomic Studios, creators of the award winning classic strategy game, comes an all new adventure that was years in the making. Build epic mazes out of powerful weapons to defend the world from the invading fieldrunners!
• Full iPad Retina support for beautiful, HD graphics!
• Cannonball Tower lets you play pool with Fieldrunners!
• Zap Tower electrocutes groups with chains of lightning!
• Sonic Tower blasts enemies like a shotgun of sound!
• Slow Link Tower freezes enemies as they march through lasers!
• Machine Gun Tower fires powerful bullets with tracers!
• One and a half hours of developer commentary!
• Transfer game saves with iCloud!
The ability to transfer game data between devices is definitely a plus for those who are already playing Fieldrunners 2 on the iPhone. The HD version costs $8 and is available now. Based on initial reviews, it looks like a lot of people are experiencing crashes and freezes during gameplay. Hopefully these issues will be resolved quickly in an update.
Source: App Store.