As reported earlier today, Apple has indeed updated its relatively new Podcasts app for iOS with a number of major bug fixes and stability improvements. It’s gracious to say that the original version of Podcasts had some… issues. Namely, podcasts wouldn’t always sync via iCloud between devices and the app as a whole was super sluggish.
With this new 1.0 update, many of the issues plaguing current users should be addressed.
What’s New in Version 1.0.1
Podcasts 1.0.1 provides a number of improvements, including:
• Significant improvements to performance and stability
• Podcasts in your library now show the number of unplayed episodes
• Top Stations now show the podcast title if artwork is missing
• Playback speed is now remembered when playing the next episode
• Fix for a problem where the Subscribe button is inactive
• Resolution of an issue where Top Stations artwork may not appear
You can download Podcasts for free in the iOS App Store.