Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users in iTunes. The update is rolling out right now, so keep checking for updates if 5.1.1 doesn’t show up immediately.
While 5.1.1 is a relatively minor update, it does address multiple bugs, including a problem on the iPad while switching between 2G and 3G networks. Apple also addresses bugs concerning AirPlay, Safari, HDR in the Camera app, and more.
Release notes from Apple:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
5.1.1 can be downloaded directly in iTunes or over-the-air on an iOS device running 5.0 and higher. Jailbreakers should stay away from the update for now. Everyone else is free to update.