The world’s first iPad-only newspaper, The Daily, is no longer an iPad-only newspaper after making its debut on the iPhone today. Launched back in February 2011, the publication is optimized for the digital age, and provides the latest breaking news for a whole host of topics, including business, the arts, technology, and sports.
Like its big brother, The Daily for iPhone is free to download, and allows you to read a small selection of articles each day at no extra cost. To get unlimited access to all of its content, you can subscribe to one of two plans at $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per year.
If you already subscribe to The Daily on your iPad, the good news is you don’t need a second subscription to access its content on your iPhone. Simply sign in with your account details and you’ll get exactly the same access.
The Daily’s feature list includes:
- 7 sections updated every day: News, Business, Gossip, Opinion, Arts & Life, Apps & Games, and Sports
- Over 100 pages of original content every single day of the year—designed for the iPad
- World-class editors and contributors like Sasha Frere-Jones (Arts & Life) and Gary Vaynerchuk (Business)
- 360-degree photos and immersive photography that take you deeper inside the story
- Interactive charts, info-graphics and clickable hot spots
- In-app commenting — including audio comments
- Your favorite sports’ teams scores, news and photos
- You can save articles to read later and share them with your friends e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
You can find The Daily for iPhone in the App Store from today.
[via App Advice]