Ticket to Ride has become one of the most popular board games adapted for iOS devices, selling 800,000 copies and picking up a whole host of accolades since its debut back in November 2011. It has now made the leap from iOS to the Mac and is available to purchase from the Mac App Store from today.
As you’d expect, Ticket to Ride is slightly more expensive than its iOS counterparts, priced at $9.99, but it boasts more features. You can enjoy cross-platform play that allows you to compete with other players on PC, Linux, and iPad ; in addition to a solo campaign that takes place on the classic U.S. map.
Other features include:
- Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork, in glorious full-screen mode on Lion
- Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
- An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
- Solo play against up to 4 AI player and Hot Seat play against other players on the same Mac
- Terrific video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
- Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
- Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you mater all the maps
- Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
- Online and offline Hall of Fame
When you’re done with all that, you can grab additional maps, including U.S. 1910, Europe, and Switzerland, through in-app purchases.
Ticket to Ride is in the Mac App Store now and requires OS X 10.7 Lion or above.Related