Tweetbot For iPad 2.1 Update Is Here With Retina Display, Camera+ 3.0 Support And Live Tweet Streaming
We’re huge, unwavering fans of Tapbot’s Tweetbot Twitter client for iPhone and iPad. It just blows the official Twitter client out of the water in every respect. Ahead of the debut of the new iPad on Friday, though, and in accompaniment with their recent update to Camera+, Tapbot has pushed through the 2.1 update of Tweetbot for iPad (iPhone version coming soon), and not only does it support Retina Display resolution and Camera+ 3.0 image capturing and editing… it introduces streaming to the mix!
Over on their official blog, Tapbot lays out all of the new features:
• iPad graphics optimized for the new iPad’s retina display
• Streaming (when on WiFi with settings to disable it)
• The “new tweets” sound is now limited to mentions, DM’s, and new tweets via pull-to-refresh
• Double-tapping on the timeline tab button takes you to last read tweet before going to the top
• Improvements to the Tweetmarker service
• Camera+ 3.0 Capturing/Editing Support
• Bug fixes related to direct messages
vMany other bug fixes
These are all great changes, particularly streaming, which eliminates the pull-to-refresh functionality and instead bubbles up new Tweets as they happen, in real time.
What about the iPhone version, you ask? Tapbot says it’s been submitted, but has yet to be approved. It’ll probably be ready in the next couple of days to download.
You can download Tweetbot for just $2.99 here, or get the update through the App Store.Related