aTV Flash (black) from FireCore is the ultimate solution for supercharging your jailbroken second-generation Apple TV. It introduces some terrific features that we’d all love to have on the device as standard, including a web browser, weather and RSS feeds, a Last.fm radio, and support for a huge variety of media formats.
But aTV Flash is even better with its latest update, which adds even more features and greatly improves your Apple TV experience.
Version 1.2 adds video zoom functionality to the media player, a “Recently Visited” section to the web browser, a screensaver that pops up during pause, and support for MicroDVD .SUB files. There’s also a ton of bug fixes and improvements to existing features.
Here’s the entire list of changes:
- Added video zoom options (available through Playback Menu)
- Added watched indicators to grid view
- Added ‘Recently Visited’ section to Browser top shelf
- Added support for MicroDVD .SUB files
- Added screensaver during pause
- Added file delete option
- Added activity indicator for metadata clearing
- Added ‘tune’ icon placeholder for audio files without metadata
- Added episode number to the fetched name the list view
- Added Reload Metadata’ option in contextual menu for folders
- Added ‘no items’ message to the ‘Unwatched’ filter of the list view
- Added gray ticket image caching
- Added loading screen when opening Manage Extras menu
- Improved scrubber bar logic
- Improved audio feedback for watched and pre-playback screens
- Improved poster loading for large folders
- Improved support for DVDs without menus
- Improved subtitle support for right-to-left languages (e.g. Hebrew)
- Improved installer device detection
- Resolved minor memory management issues
- Resolved issues with subtitles settings while playing a playlist
- Resolved issues with yellow subtitles displayed for movies converted with Handbrake
- Resolved conflicts with default audio player
- Resolved issues with passwords that contain @ symbols
- Resolved issues with metadata loading for files that contain ‘/’ in folder or file name
- Resolved buffer overflow in libafpclient observed when navigating folders with long names
- Resolved issues with installer Bonjour detection
- Resolved rare crashes during web browsing
- Changed metadata format to S.# / Ep.# for TV Shows
- Disabled metadata processing during movie playback
- Corrected audio feedback when pressing Menu while in grid view
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
I think you’ll agree that version 1.2 is well worth the update, and if you’re not already an aTV Flash user, maybe the new features and improvements will persuade you to make a purchase. You must remember, however, that to install aTV Flash (black), you will need a jailbroken Apple TV.
You can get your hands on version 1.2 now via FireCore’s website, and new customers can purchase the software for $30.
- Via iDownloadBlog