Apple has issued an update to its iBooks app on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Version 1.5 of iBooks brings two major additions: a nighttime reading theme and full-screen mode.
The update also brings several new fonts, more covers for public domain books, pop-up footnotes, and a redesigned annotation palette.
What’s New in Version 1.5
iBooks 1.5 adds the following new features as well as some stability and performance improvements:
• Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
• Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
• iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
• Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
• A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
The new full-screen mode is great because you don’t have to turn it on or off. The app automatically hides your reading options and iOS status bar once you start reading. Simply tap anywhere on the screen to see your options in either landscape or portrait orientation.
iBooks 1.5 can be downloaded for free in the App Store.Related