Scott Forstall Talks iOS Numbers: Quarter Billion Devices Sold and iPad is Number One [Let's Talk iPhone]
Scott Forstall took the stage at Apple’s “Let’s Talk iPhone” event to talk about iOS 5 numbers. Following Tim Cook’s talk about Apple’s numbers for its main platforms, Forstall gave some specifics about how iOS 5 is faring in the mobile space.
Check inside for the details.
- iOS accounts for 61% of the mobile market.
- There are 500k apps on the App Store.
- There are 140K iPad apps on the App Store.
- 18 billion apps have been downloaded in 3 years. (1 billion per month.)
- Apple has paid out over $3 billion to developers.
- iOS 5 betas have been seeded to 100k developers.
- 67 million people use GameCenter.
Forstall said, “We’ve already sold more than a quarter billion devices. That makes iOS the number 1 mobile OS.”
“We have a lot of customers who want to use the iPad or iPhone as their only device.” Well, now you can, and it ain’t too shabby.”