A Steve Jobs memorial held at Stanford Memorial Church on Sunday attracted a huge number of people who came to pay their respects to Apple’s former CEO and co-founder. Among them were a long list of celebrities, musicians, CEOs, and even a former president.
While Apple has remained relatively secretive about the event, Apple 2.0 claims to have obtained a list of names who attended the event, including former U.S. president Bill Clinton; U.S. vice president Al Gore, who is a current member of Apple’s board of directors; actor Tim Allen, who plays Buzz Lightyear in the Toy Story movies; British actor Stephen Fry; and Bono, lead singer of the band U2.
CEOs and chairmen from rival companies also turned out to pay their respects, including Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft; Larry Page, CEO of Google; John Warnock and Chuck Geschke, Adobe co-founders; Larry Ellison, Oracle CEO; and Michael Dell, CEO of Dell.
Sunday’s memorial allowed a huge number of people to come and pay their respects to Steve, while a smaller service for close friends and family members was held earlier this month, just days after Steve passed away.
The list of memorial attendees, according to Apple 2.0, included:
- Tim Allen, actor
- Joan Baez, folksinger
- Bono, U2 frontman
- Bill Campbell, chairman of Intuit
- Bill Clinton, former President
- Ron Conway, founder of Angel Investors
- Tim Cook, Apple CEO
- Michael Dell, CEO of Dell
- Rahm Emmanuel, mayor of Chicago
- Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle
- Scott Forstall, Apple senior vice president
- Stephen Fry, actor
- Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft
- Chuck Geschke, Adobe co-founder
- Al Gore, former Vice President
- John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Pixar
- Jon Miller, chief technical officer of News Corp.
- Rupert Murdoch, CEO of News Corp.
- Larry Page, CEO of Google
- Maria Shriver, former first lady of California
- Larry Sonsini, Silicon Valley attorney
- John Warnock, Adobe co-founder
- Via AppleInsider