You can now enjoy a 10 percent bonus when you add funds to your App Store or iTunes account.
The offer runs until Thursday, March 14, and is applicable to any amount you add to your account, from $1 to $200. Here’s how to take advantage of it.
Apple is famous for its high price tags and an incredible knack for making money wherever it can. But it can be generous. Its promotions often give fans the opportunity to earn discounts or freebies.
The latest will get you free cash to spend on iTunes or in the App Store.
Quick! Apple is giving away free money
All you have to do is add some funds to your iTunes or App Store account and Apple will give you 10 percent extra. It’s that simple. If you add $10, for instance, you’ll get $1 free. If you add $50, you’ll get $5 free.
The bonus applies when you add anything from $1 to $200. You can only claim it once, so use it wisely, and the promotion is only valid through March 14. You can take advantage of it on a Mac or iOS device.
How to claim your bonus cash
Here’s how to do it on an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store and tap on your avatar in the top-right corner
- Tap Add Funds to Apple ID
- Choose the amount you would like to add, then tap Next
- Confirm your purchase with Touch ID, Face ID, or your password
Here’s how to do it on Mac:
- Open the Mac App Store and click your name in the bottom-left corner
- Click View Information, then enter your password
- Click Add Funds to Apple ID
- Choose the amount you would like to add, then click Next
- Confirm your purchase by entering your password
The promotion is only available to Apple customers in the U.S., though some users are seeing similar offers in other countries. Apple states, however, that “offer eligibility may vary based on account information or purchase history,” so it seems not all U.S. customers will be able to take advantage of it.