iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 offer the ability to share lyrics directly from Apple Music for the first time. You can use the feature to send snippets from your favorite tracks to social media, messaging apps, and more.
We’ll show you how to use it on iPhone and iPad.
In many cases it’s the lyrics that make a great music track, and we all have our favorites. Now it’s easier than ever to share them when using the Apple Music app, thanks to iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5.
Apple has made it so that short snippets from track lyrics can be quickly posted or sent in just a few taps. Here’s how.
Share lyrics from the Apple Music app
Because this feature is new in iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5, you will need to have Apple’s latest betas installed to take advantage of it. We have a guide on joining the public beta program if you aren’t already signed up.
If you’re sensible and you would rather avoid installing beta releases, you’ll need to wait until the new updates roll out to everyone in the coming months. Once you’ve updated, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Music app and play the track you would like to share lyrics from.
- Beneath the volume slider at the bottom of the screen, tap the Lyrics button.
- Scroll until you find the lyrics you want to share, then tap and hold until you see the share sheet.
- Tap any additional lines you would like to share, or change your selection if necessary.
- Use the share sheet to post your selected lyrics to social media or send them to a friend.
Apple allows up to 150 characters, which typically seems to be around five or six lines, to be shared at once. The recipient receives an attractive Apple Music sticker that features all the lyrics you’ve selected.
That sticker also includes a play button, which plays a preview of the song you’ve shared. iPhone, iPad, and Mac users can tap the song title to open the full track in the Apple Music app.