Many Mario Kart Tour players are still experiencing mysterious “805” error codes almost a year after the game’s release. They typically appear when attempting to download new game data.
If you’re experiencing one of these yourself, you’ll be pleased to know you’re not alone — and that there are some simple workarounds that should allow you to jump back into the action in no time at all.
These are the fixes you should try.
You’ll know when you run into this problem in Mario Kart Tour because you’ll see a notice that reads, “An error has occurred.” It will be accompanied by an error code that usually begins with “805.”
When this happens, you will be prevented from updating and playing the game. You may be asked if you would like to try re-downloading game data, but in some cases, that option does not appear.
If you want to continue playing Mario Kart Tour, you’ll need a fix.
Keep playing Mario Kart Tour after ‘805’ errors
Here are some of the workarounds you should try when you see an “805” error:
- Close Mario Kart Tour completely by swiping up on it in the App Switcher, then reopen it.
- Disable Wi-Fi and try downloading new game data over a cellular connection.
- If you cannot use a cellular connection for downloading, ensure network connections to and from your iPhone aren’t being blocked by your router’s firewall.
- Reset your iPhone or iPad network settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General and then Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode and confirm you want to continue.
- Uninstall Mario Kart Tour, then reinstall it again.
- Create a new Nintendo ID and try signing into the game with that.
Note that you don’t have to perform all the fixes on this list; in most cases just one or two of them will be enough. However, there is no single fix that works for everyone, so your mileage may vary.
You may need Nintendo’s help
If none of the above fixes work for you, you should submit a support request to Nintendo. If you’re unable to do this within Mario Kart Tour, you can email Nintendo directly instead.
It’s not completely clear what causes “805” errors in Mario Kart Tour, but they seem to be the result of bugs in most cases. Here’s to hoping future game updates eradicate them completely.