This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The first reviews and early benchmarks reveal impressive performance boosts from the new MacBook Pro and Mac mini. We’re talking the pros and cons of upgrading — including one very important “buyer beware” scenario.
Also on The CultCast:
- What’s new in iOS 16.3, iPadOS 16.3 and macOS Ventura 13.2? We walk through the updates.
- A great giveaway from Goldenerre, maker of fine Apple Watch bands.
- Our beloved old-school HomePods just got some upgrades — including one Erfon’s been dreaming of for years.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- 2023 MacBook Pro review roundup: M2 Max brings considerable performance boost
- Review roundup: M2 and M2 Pro chips jack up new Mac mini models
- Entry-level 2023 Mac mini and MacBook Pros use significantly slower SSDs
- iOS 16.3, iPadOS 16.3 and macOS Ventura 13.2 arrive
- Should you buy the new MacBook Pro or Mac mini?
Our sponsors: Rocket Money and CultCloth
- Rocket Money is a personal finance app that finds and cancels your unwanted subscriptions, monitors your spending, and helps you lower your bills — all in one place. Stop throwing away your money. Cancel unwanted subscriptions and manage your expenses the easy way, by going to RocketMoney.com/cultcast.
- Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away one gorgeous Apple Watch band from Goldenerre. The gorgeous Goldenerre Herringbone band looks fantastic in three stunning colors (gold, silver and rose gold). Retailing at $148, the band fits all series of Apple Watch. It’s perfect for any Apple Watch owner wanting to add some glam to their wrist.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.