Apple just announced its best June quarter ever for revenue and earnings in Apple’s history.
- Almost 2.5 million Macs shipped — 41 percent growth. Highest Mac shipments ever. The Mac is back!
- 11 million iPods sold — 12 percent growth
- $7.46 billion revenue
- $1.07 billion profit
(Last year: $5.41 billion and $818 million profit)
And this is without recording any iPhone revenues, which are being deferred until the fourth quarter.
Webcast of the analyst conference call.
Highlights from the analyst call:
- App store: 900 apps; 25 million apps downloaded; 20 percent free; 90 percent below $10.
- iPhone 3G: 22 Countries. 1 million sold in first 3 days after launch. 20 more countries on Aug 22nd
- Future Product transition: Q4. “Can’t discuss today.”
4 responses to “Apple Earnings: $1 Bill Profit, Record Mac Sales”
Just a clarification. Is that 20% of downloaded apps are free, or 20% of all apps on the store free?
What I wonder is, is with Apple products becoming more and more popular, will they lose their identity? I thought the whole mystique of apple is that it was for the “rest of us.”
The above is a great summary by the way, but I found skimming the full transcript to be very benefitial.
You can read the entire transcript of the earnings call here: