Apple is planning a special media event for the week of September 7, MediaMemo reports, citing “multiple music industry sources.”
But Apple won’t tell anyone exactly when the event is. Apple always holds keynote presentations on Tuesdays, so the likeliest date is September 8.
Apple has held a keynote event every September for the last four years to introduce its consumer-focused holiday offerings, typically new iPods and new versions of iTunes.
At this event though, Apple could be introducing several things:
* Cocktail: The presence of multiple music execs suggests a music focus. Apple’s rumored Cocktail project is a secret skunkworks rethink of the LP for the digital age. But it is rumored to be part of the secret tablet project though…
* The Tablet: Many expect the fabled Apple tablet as early as September.
* New iPods: New iPod Nano and iPod Touch with cameras. This seems the most likely.
* iTunes 9: The next version of iTunes is tipped to get Blu-ray, social software support and iPhone app organization. Also seems likely.
* Steve Jobs: Will Jobs make his first public appearance since returning from medical leave?
Maybe all of the above?