When Pebble’s last iOS update essentially bricked the smart watch, leaving it capable of only (shock horror) telling the time, we knew that something needed to be done in a hurry.
Fortunately Pebble realized that too, since the company has rushed out a new update for its official iOS app — fixing the bug users had complained about which stopped the Pebble from connecting to an iPhone via Bluetooth.
Version 2.1.1 of Pebble’s iOS app also adds a couple of new features as a make-good: including new watchapps available to download from Pebble’s dedicated app store, alongside the ability to share apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, and text message.
Pebble 2.1.1 can be downloaded from the iOS App Store by following the links at the bottom of this page.
Its full list of improvements include:
– Share apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, and text message.
– New apps added to the appstore.
– Fixed issues with version 2.1 (released 31-Mar-2014)
– Bug fixes.
If you’re upgrading from version 1.0.x:
– Pebble watchapp directory: browse, find and install the latest watchapps for Pebble.
– List of prior notifications are now stored on your Pebble.
– Watchapp locker: keep track of your favorite apps and manage the apps on your Pebble.
– Completely revamped and improved user interface design.