Color Splash Studio, a terrific photo manipulation tool for Mac OS X, has made the leap from Mac App Store to iPhone today. Priced at just $0.99 — with 60% to celebrate its launch — the app allows you to convert your images to black and white, and then inject color back into specific areas.
“You have tools and powers no similar app offers,” its description promises.
I’ve used Color Splash Studio on my Mac for a number of months, so I had no doubts it would be just as great in the iPhone. Admittedly it’s not quite as easy to use on a tiny 3.5-inch display, but having it in your pocket with the ability to edit your photographs on the go is great. What’s more, it’s from MacPhun, the developers behind the wonderful FX Photo Studio for Mac and iOS, so you know it’s good.
Color Splash Studio’s long list of features includes:
• Import images from camera roll or Facebook
• Takes photos with enhanced built-in camera
• Switch between dramatic effects
• Edit image
• Adjust painting brush
• Pan and zoom image
• Turn on ZOOM PREVIEW for precise editing of parts under your finger
• Preview mask or start over
• Adjust hue, saturation, gamma and contrast of the image
• Preview your color splash photo
• Share to most popular social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc)
• Export pictures to Instagram and FX Photo Studio
• Print photos via AirPrint
• Put your pictures on a postcard and get it shipped to any part of the world
If you’re addicted to awesome photography apps and editing your images on the fly, Color Splash Studio should be installed on your iPhone.
- Source App Store