Whale Trail, one of my favorite iPhone and iPad games to date, just received its biggest update yet today in the App Store. Version 2.0 of the popular side-scroller includes several new features, including a new system for unlocking and upgrading power-ups in the game.
What’s New in Version 2.0
Your favourite flying whale is back and this time he’s brought some friends for the biggest update yet!
• Every time you fly you now earn ‘Krill’!
• Use ‘Treats’ while flying for instant bonuses!
Use Krill to:
• Upgrade Willow’s Skills
• Get more ‘Treats’ that will help you beat your best score
• Unlock ‘Costumes’ to customize Willow
• Unlock playable Characters
• Unlock wallpapers for your device
• Goodies now give mystery gifts at the end of each Colour Zone
• Earn Krill for 3-starring bonus levels
• More varied levels
• Tweaked gameplay for quicker play sessions
I’ve been playing with the update on my iPhone today, and the new reward and power-up system makes the gameplay even more addictive. Very well done. Whale Trail is available now as a universal download in the App Store for $1.