Griffin Technology has announced the release of their Survivor iPhone 4 case which is made for warriors of all types. Even if pink is their favorite color. Personally I’ll stick to black and that’s the color of the case I’d probably buy if given the chance.
The Survivor case retails for $49.99 and it is one of the most heavy-duty iPhone cases I’ve seen similar to the Ballistic HC I reviewed previously, but it is also the first I’ve seen that is compatible with the Verizon version of the iPhone 4.
This is critical since the buttons used to silence the Verizon iPhone 4 and the ones used to raise and lower the volume have shifted slightly and aren’t in the same location as they are on the iPhone 4 for AT&T. The case also works with the AT&T version of the iPhone 4.
According to Griffin the case has the following features and details on tests performed on it:
- Designed and tested to meet or exceed US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810 and UK Department of Defense Def-Stan 00-35 through an independent testing procedure
- Integral display shield deflects wind and rain (test: up to 200 mm/hr for 1 hour)
- Rigid internal frame protects from Shock/Drop (test: drop on all sides onto a flat concrete surface from 6’/1.8 m)
- Sealed ports block blown sand and dust (test: 18 m/sec for 1 hour)
- Silicone cladding blocks vibration (test: 18 hrs at 20 to 2000 Hz)
- Multi-position clip attaches securely to belt or pack strap
- View video and results online at www.griffintechnology.com
This case wraps your iPhone 4 in multiple layers of protection turning the beautiful iDevices envisioned by Apple into rugged, rough and tumble iDevices suitable for, but not limited to very active people, a rodeo bull rider, Ninjas, or public safety professionals.
I’ve requested a sample case to review from Griffin Technology and once I receive it I’ll write a through review. In the meantime if you’ve managed to grab one of these during the Verizon iPhone 4 launch tell us all about it in the comments.