I loved Tweetbot in my review and I firmly believe it’s one of the nicest Twitter clients to grace our iPhones, however, when it first launched it was lacking some features that we are looking forward to in future updates. One of those features is landscape view, and thankfully this comes with the Tweetbot 1.1 update that’s just hit the App Store.
In addition to landscape view for the media, compose and web windows; Tweetbot also gets some handy new buttons within the compose window that allows you to add usernames and hashtags into your tweets with ease. There’s also support for CloudApp images & videos, as well as various bug fixes:
- Landscape support for media, compose and web views
- Added user/hashtag buttons to compose toolbar
- Improved accuracy of displayed locations
- Tweet gaps now load above instead of below
- Lists now sorted alphabetically
- Login now handles email address or username
- CloudApp image/video support
- Improved hashtag picker
- Fixed translation issue with British English
- Improved saving behaviour for older devices
- Various bug fixes
Tweetbot for iPhone just keeps getting better, but I won’t be completely satisfied until we get proper push notifications. Even without these, however, I still believe it’s the best Twitter client for iPhone.
The 1.1 update is now available to download, and if you don’t already have Tweetbot, grab it now for $1.99.Related