Following those specifications for the new Mac Pro and the new MacBook Pro that we reported on earlier, the specifics for the Retina display MacBook Pro and the new MacBook Airs have now also been leaked. In addition to Intel’s Ivy Bridge processors for all models, highlights include up to 8GB of RAM and up to 512GB of SSD storage for the MacBook Air, and up to 768GB of storage for the MacBook Pro.
According to sources for 9to5Mac, both the 11- and 13-inch MacBook Airs will be available in three models — just as they are now. These include:
- Base Model: MD223LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/64FLASH-USA
- Better: MD224LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/128FLASH-USA
- High End: MD845LL/A – MBA 11.6/2.0/8/256FLASH-USA
- MD231LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA
- MD232LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA
- MD846LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA
Those number in bold are the MacBook Air’s RAM, which reveals that this refresh will bring support for 8GB of RAM to Apple’s popular ultraportable. In addition to this, there will also be up to 512GB of storage with the high-end 13-inch model.
As for the Retina display MacBook Pro, here’s what you can expect, according to the source:
- MC975LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.3/8GB/256GB FLASH-USA
- MC976LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.6/8GB/512GB FLASH-USA
- MD831LL/A – MBP 15.4/2.7/16GB/768GB FLASH-USA
But before you get your hopes up on this one, bear in mind that 9to5Mac claims this particular device will be priced very highly, with the high-end model costing upwards of $4,000 in some countries.
- Source 9to5Mac