Writing a novel, research paper, script or any long-form text involves more than hammering away at the keys. There’s research to collect, fragmented ideas to group, and index cards to shuffle around until you lock down that elusive structure – needless to say most writing software is fired up only after much of the hard work is done. Enter Scrivener – a word processor and project management tool that stays with you from that first, unformed idea all the way through to the final draft.
Scrivener lets you outline and structure your ideas, take notes, view research alongside your writing and compose the pieces of your text in isolation or in context. Scrivener won’t tell you how to write — it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application. And Cult of Mac Deals has Scrivener for only $20 during this limited time offer.
Scrivener is a winner of two Macworld Eddy Awards, and is also being used by countless professionals – New York Times best-selling novelists, screenwriters, university professors, editors and journalists – who rely on their writing skills every day.
The top features of Scrivener include:
- Edit Multiple Documents: “Scrivenings” mode temporarily combines individual documents into a single text, allowing you to view and edit different sections of your manuscript in isolation or as a whole
- Corkboard: Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create, so you can storyboard and rearrange your project
- Outlining: A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of the structure of your work
- Collections: Create collections to keep arbitrary lists of documents and research independent of their regular order
- Full Screen Editing: View your text in full-screen mode for distraction-free composition
- Scriptwriting: Switch to scriptwriting mode for automatic screen or stage play formatting—or set up your own script formats—then export to a dedicated scriptwriting program such as Final Draft
- Snapshots: Taking a “snapshot” of a document allows you to edit and rewrite in the confidence that you can restore an earlier revision at any time
- QuickReference Panes: Load research documents or notes into floating windows for limitless access to reference material, even in full-screen mode
- Sync: Synchronize the text of your project with many popular mobile applications for the iPad and iPhone
- Compile for Export and Print: Compile your finished draft for printing or exporting to your favorite word processor for final formatting
But that’s not the only deal we’ve got for you today at Cult of Mac Deals.
The Mobile App Mastery Bundle gives you the skills you need to create, launch, and monetize iOS, Android, and web apps with over 30 hours of training. You can learn more about this bundle – prcied at 93% off the regular price – here.
There are plenty of great deals to be had at Cult of Mac Deals every single day. Head to the main deals page now and take advantage of the savings!