Scientific calculator app Archimedes has received its first significant update in quite a while.
Adding the expected iOS 7-compatible design tweaks, the app also adds a number of useful improvements. The first of these relates to Archimedes’ plotting function. Curves now feature fluid navigation and crisp rendering, and are adjusted in real-time as their associated formulas are edited.
Archimedes also lets users trace, differentiate and integrate simply by dragging on curves or else inputting values manually. The app additionally allows you to find intersections and other points of interest along a curve simply by tapping on them.
Other changes include:
- Numeric calculations are now performed independently from exact calculations, improving speed and allowing more equations to be solved. Numerical accuracy has also been improved.
- Solving of more equations in general.
- A new Power Tips section, with all kinds of useful tips and hidden features.
- Many, many small tweaks and improvements to make Archimedes even better and easier to use.
- All reported bugs fixed (& even more unreported ones).
If you use your iOS device for the kind of work that requires a scientific calculator, Archimedes is one of the best tools out there.
It can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99, for all iOS devices running iOS 7.0 and above.