Mojang’s Minecraft is one of the best games on the Mac, but the iPhone and iPad version has always been slightly behind when it comes to features. But with its latest update, the biggest yet, Minecraft – Pocket Edition is catching up, adding some of Minecraft’s best features, including the ability to make roller coasters with minecars and rails!
It’s a big update. First, there’s some performance improvements, allowing the engine to render the in-game horizon to a much further degree. That’s nice, but users are also getting new blocks to play with, such as carpets, more wood varieties, hay bails, and iron bars, as well as new crops and food types.
There are other improvements too:
• A bunch of new items for Creative and Survival, including clocks and compasses
• More blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass
• New AI: mobs are now more intelligent and you can even breed your
• A new Creative Mode inventory with tabs
• New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items. Bonemeal lets you grow new cool stuff!
• Improved lighting and fog effects
• Loads of bugs fixed, and possibly some added. :)
If Minecraft sounds like it’s up your alley, you can buy Minecraft – Pocket Edition on the iTunes App Store for just $6.99. There’s starting to be very little reason to not choose the mobile edition over the PC and Mac edition.
- Source iTunes