Aspyr Media has issued an update to Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac, which hit the Mac App Store back in October, that introduces the Annihilation & Escalation DLC bundle. It’s available to download now via an in-app purchase, which is priced at $24.99.The Annihilation & Escalation DLC, which combines content from both the Annihilation and Escalation content packs, will be the final piece of downloadable content for Black Ops on the Mac. It includes eight multiplayer maps and two new zombie levels, including:
- “Hangar 18,” located in the highly classified military base of Area 51 where you will fight through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar, and a mysterious autopsy room;
- “Drive-In,” close quarters combat through a 60’s American Drive-In theater, whose last showing was “Attack of the…”, complete with a snack shack and a classic arcade;
- “Silo,” infiltrate a massive secret Soviet nuclear missile site under construction in this multilevel battleground; and
- “Hazard,” play through this coastal golf course fit for a Dictator, on the cliff sides of Cuba, where stocked clubhouses and manicured fairways meet snipers hidden in sand traps.
- “Hotel,” on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana.
- “Convoy” delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed US military convoy.
- “Zoo” takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn.
- “Stockpile” pits players in a remote Russian farm town housing secret WMD facilities.
- “Call of the Dead”. Play as the zombie-killing dream-team of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo against a new and unnerving zombie menace. Set in a mysterious ice-covered remote Siberian island and inspired by legendary writer and director George A. Romero, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of bloodthirsty Russian zombies.
- “Shangri-La” A legendary shrine is lost in an exotic jungle, where new undead species lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns. Navigate through deadly traps and solve the dark secrets buried within the shifting walls of this zombie infested temple.
In addition to this update, Aspyr says that the graphics issue affecting Macs with the NVIDIA GeForce 650M GPU — that includes the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro — has now been fixed by Apple’s latest firmware update. Gamers with this particular GPU were advised not to purchase Black Ops when it first came to Mac, but now it’s safe to do so.
If you don’t already have Black Ops for Mac, you can find it by hitting the source link below — it’s priced at $49.99. And if you do already have it, you’ll need to download this latest update — whether you want the DLC or not — in order to play the online multiplayer modes.
Source: Mac App Store