Colligo Networks today announced a major revision of its award-winning line of iOS SharePoint clients. SharePoint has become an indispensible tool for many businesses. Having access to SharePoint resources on the iPad has become equally crucial to many mobile professionals.
Colligo Briefcase is designed to provide secure access to SharePoint sites, documents, and resources. The apps in the Colligo Briefcase lineup include core features like the ability capture, view, edit, and share files and list items. They also provide a range of ways to view SharePoint content, support for editing content in other iOS apps, and the ability to print to AirPrint-enabled printers.
The latest version of the platform extends support to the iPhone and iPod touch (previously Colligo had only supported the iPad). It also offers a range of additional enhancements including the following:
- Improved synchronization, including “Smart Caching” for offline access to SharePoint
- Support for InfoPath forms, enabling users to capture form data in the field
- Support for UAG/TMG/Forms based authentication, eliminating the need for VPNs to access SharePoint behind the corporate firewall
- Photo and sketch capture, with direct upload to SharePoint
Another new feature is support for centralized management. When licensed for enterprise use and deployed throughout an organization, a companion solution known as Colligo Administrator is available to centrally manage Colligo Briefcase across devices and to configure SharePoint content that is available to users.
Colligo Briefcase is available in three editions.
- Colligo Briefcase Lite – A free app that provides access to and sync SharePoint content, but which is limited to accessing a single SharePoint site and syncing on 50 MB of content.
- Colligo Briefcase Pro – A commercial app that normally costs $14.99 but which is currently on sale for $2.99. This edition includes access to as many SharePoint sites as needed, unlimited caching of documents and information, and app-specific passcode and security options.
- Colligo Briefcase Enterprise – An enterprise licensed version of Colligo Briefcase Pro that can be centrally managed by IT using Colligo Administrator to ensure access to resources as well as adherence with corporate policies and security requirements.
- Source Colligo