Belkin Confirms It Will Bypass Macworld Expo

Belkin Confirms It Will Bypass Macworld Expo

Device maker Belkin said Monday it would pull-out of the upcoming Macworld Expo in order to concentrate on partners hurt by the crumbling economy.

The news confirms speculation from last week that Belkin would join Adobe and a growing list of Apple companies either bypassing or curtailing their involvement in the premiere Mac product showcase.

“We are not exhibiting at Macworld, but we will be holding meetings with our channel partners,” Belkin spokeswoman Melody Chalaban confirmed to Macworld. Belkin has also withdrawn from the Consumer Electronics Show.

The company said it was unsure whether it would attend Macworld in 2010.

Chalaban explained Belkin will “redistribute our funds and resources” to help resellers hurt by declining sales.

On Friday, Belkin was named along with Creative Labs and Seagate who had dropped exhibit plans for Macworld, according to AppleInsider.

Macworld Expo organizer IDG said they still have 500 exhibitors lined up for the trade show. AppleInsider said IDG was “frantically negotiating” to keep Google and other unnamed high-profile companies from bailing out.

Comments for Belkin Confirms It Will Bypass Macworld Expo

Comments are closed.

About the author

Ed SutherlandEd Sutherland is a veteran technology journalist who first heard of Apple when they grew on trees, Yahoo was run out of a Stanford dorm and Google was an unknown upstart. Since then, Sutherland has covered the whole technology landscape, concentrating on tracking the trends and figuring out the finances of large (and small) technology companies.

(sorry, you need Javascript to see this e-mail address)| Read more posts by .

Posted in News |