The appropriately named Transit app for iPhone has already gotten a lot of love in the App Store, including Editor’s Choice, and it is getting featured again because of a major update that’s out today.
Transit is designed to provide you with realtime data on public bus and train systems in 62 metropolitan areas around the world. Today’s update includes a more streamlined way of figuring out the right route to take, the ability to search locations using stop codes, a drastically improved offline mode, and more.
Here’s the full list of changes:
– Shiny new iOS 7 design, finally!
– All Routes mode, letting you explore any route and stop in your region.
– Train/subway stations in autocomplete suggestions.
– Ability to search locations using stop codes.
– Stop Lists: linear representation of all routes.
– Improved offline mode! Faster, more reliable and taking up 20x less space on your device.
– New “Minimize Walking” setting (enabled by default)
– Ability to save home and work shortcuts for easy access.
If you deal with public transportation on a daily basis, this app looks fantastic. You can find out if it works in your city on the developer’s website.
Apple is rumored to be adding transit directions to Maps in iOS 8, but until then, enjoy Transit in the App Store. It’s free.
Source: App Store