Family blames iPhone for house fire, wants Apple to pay

By

iPhone fire
A Canadian couple says this iPhone sparked a blaze that destroyed their home.
Photo: Langley Township Fire Department

A Canadian farm couple is demanding Apple pay them $600,000 because a fire they claim was caused by an overheated iPhone destroyed their home.

Ian and Cathy Finley of Langley, British Columbia, say the October 2016 fire was sparked by a three-month-old iPhone 6 left charging on a leather living room chair. Local fire investigators found a charred handset and cord and believe the device “generated enough heat to ignite” the chair.

Apple Forced To Pay Tokyo Couple $7,400 After iPod Nano Bursts Into Flames

By

If you've got a first-generation iPod nano, get it replaced before it looks like this.
If you've got a first-generation iPod nano, get it replaced before it looks like this.

Apple has been forced to pay a couple in Tokyo, Japan, ¥600,000 (approx. $7,400) for medical fees and pain and suffering after their first-generation iPod nano spontaneously burst into flames, causing burns to the hand that took more than a month to completely heal.