GarageBand and iMovie for iOS, and while iMovie’s update is just a bug fix patch, GarageBand has gotten some more meaty improvements.
The big one? GarageBand now supports audio out of AirPlay, allowing you to pipe your custom tunes to your Apple TV or other device. In addition, Bluetooth devices and HDMI out are now supported, and most interestingly, GarageBand gains a new ability to process imported AIFF, WAV and CAF audio files, along with clipboard support for copying and pasting music files from other apps.
Then there’s iMovie. It’s a bug fix update, so not much is new, but here are the changes for the curious:
• Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
• Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
• Fixes an issue where a project’s background music would not fade in or out.
• Additional performance and reliability improvements.