The new Italian i’mWatch describes itself as a “technological jewel” – it is currently the closest you’ll get to having an iPhone on your wrist, and it’s by far the coolest wristwatch I’ve ever seen. Featuring a high-resolution touchscreen, the i’mWatch lets you receive calls, text messages, notifications from Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, and so much more.
Browsing through the list of its plethora of features makes you wonder whether you would ever need to take your iPhone out of your pocket:
- Receive calls and see you caller’s name and number
- Make calls using the keypad or your iPhone’s address book
- Receive text messages and emails
- See the weather forecast for your city
- See your Facebook news feed
- Receive notifications from Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
- Download music from the i’music store
- Listen to the radio
- Download apps from the i’m store
- View your iPhone’s photo collection, arranged by album
- View stock market data
- Receive notifications for Calendar appointments and reminders
You have to agree that’s a pretty staggering list of features for a wristwatch – and with its own version of the App Store, that list is sure to grow. There’s already an impressive list of applications that will be available when the i’mWatch launches, including Skype, Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter – and developers can create their own.
The i’mWatch will be available from September and there with be five variations of the device to choose from – yellow gold, pink gold, white gold & diamonds, black gold, and titanium. However, a watch with a list of features this long – and made from these materials – is sure to come with a pretty hefty price tag.
The titanium model is the cheapest at 599€, the most expensive is the white gold & diamonds model at 14,999€, and the other three are priced at 11,999€. For an extra 2,000€ you can also have your name engraved onto it.
While the i’mWatch is expensive, you have to admire its design and functionality. It’s clearly a luxury device aimed at the rich, but you can’t deny you want one.