This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Tim Cook recently said Apple has “very detailed” succession plans for when he eventually steps down as CEO. Plus, the company definitely plans to hire from within. That got us thinking … who’s next in Apple’s game of thrones?
Also on The CultCast:
- OLED screens might come to iPad Air and iPad mini somewhat soonish.
- Europe’s busybody technocrats have some more grand plans for Apple and other manufacturers. We’ve got mixed emotions.
- Sonos reportedly wants to take on Apple TV and AirPods Max with rival products.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsors: Notion, Squarespace and Podurama
- Notion: Combine your notes, documents and task/project management into one space that’s simple and beautifully designed, with the power of AI built right inside. Try Notion AI for free when you go to notion.com/cultcast.
- Squarespace: Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- Podurama: Finding great podcasts can be difficult, but Podurama makes it easy! The free podcast app’s regular search function is bolstered by an AI chatbot, so you can ask things like, “Show me some podcasts to improve my financial knowledge” or “Which podcasts can help me relax?” Podurama is available on iOS, Mac, Android, Windows and as a web app — and you can sync your podcasts across various devices. Check out Podurama today.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- iPad Air and iPad mini with OLED screens pegged for 2026 release
- EU’s proposed right-to-repair law incentivizes repairs, bans parts pairing
- Sonos to launch $400+ headphones and set-top box, competing with Apple devices (MacRumors)
- Apple CEO succession plans ‘very detailed,’ says Tim Cook (MacRumors)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away five super-rugged Zugu iPad cases. They’re wonderfully colorful — and yet so tough that the company will eat the repair costs if your encased iPad breaks when dropped!
To enter, just visit our giveaway page. Get in there … this is your last chance!
Griffin: The Apple II Age: How the Computer Became Personal by Laine Nooney. This book by computer historian Nooney tells the story of the Apple II and its world-changing software.
Erfon: Smart USB-C cables by Soopii. These USB-C cables pair a right-angle connection with a built-in screen that shows the watts being used by your device. Brilliant!
Lewis: X-Air Duffel by Waterfield Designs. Your personal carry-on item gets a major upgrade in the form of a very lightweight, extremely well-equipped duffle that fits under the airplane seat in front of you.