The SmartGym app is already well-loved by Apple Watch users, and its recent update adds more than 70 new workouts and loads of convenient new functionality.
And it’s considered so good it’s currently up against two other finalist apps to win the App Store Award for Apple Watch App of the Year.
SmartGym app vies for Apple Watch App of the Year
If you haven’t heard of SmartGym, you might if it wins the App Store Awards‘ Apple Watch App of the Year prize. It’s up for the honor “for creating smart and targeted workouts at any skill level,” Apple said.
The app has won accolades from Forbes and elsewhere in recent years as a top fitness app for Apple Watch. And now the SmartGym 7 update adds to its rippling capabilities. The thing features nearly 700 exercises to keep you busy. In a nutshell, it shows you all your need on your Apple Watch, where you can manage it, so you don’t need to carry your iPhone.
Here’s what’s new in SmartGym 7:
- 74 new exercises and lots of new equipment take the total to almost 700 exercises.
- Progress tracked with the most relevant information about every workout you’ve done with this specific routine.
- Redesigned History tab now looks more modern, showing a lot more information at a glance.
- Equipment sync across devices lets you change the equipment selection in one device, and every other will get updated immediately.Add custom notes to each specific history.
- Edit any past workout history at any time.
- If you start working out at 11:30 PM, and end at 12:30 AM, you won’t get two different histories anymore.
- Monthly Summary is a gorgeous screen, where you can quickly get the most important information about your workouts.
- Just swipe a history from right to left to delete it.
- It’s now possible to edit the set’s type right from your Apple Watch.
- Quickly see the animation and instructions, change the number of reps or weight, and check which exercise is next. Just scroll down the screen to access.
Price: In-app purchases range from $6.99 to $59.99 (and up for trainer accounts)
Where to download: App Store