This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: After nearly a week with Apple’s new hardware, we’re serving up our first hands-on impressions. Is the iPhone 15 Pro Max too big — and/or too hot — to handle? Is Apple Watch Ultra 2 worth the upgrade? What about Apple Watch Series 9?
And seriously, Apple … you call that pink?
Also on The CultCast:
- Griffin runs us through some of the coolest new features in macOS Sonoma.
- OMG we’ve already got iPhone 16 rumors.
- And we wrap up with a couple of big fat bummers from our favorite source of Apple insider info and tech haikus.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
The CultCast live stream archive
Our sponsors: Notion and Babbel
- Notion: Combine your notes, documents and task/project management into one space that’s simple and beautifully designed, with the power of AI built right inside. Try Notion AI for free when you go to notion.com/cultcast.
- Babbel: Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a private tutor — or fooling yourself with language apps that are little more than games — Babbel’s 10-minute lessons are designed by experts to help you start speaking a new language in as little as three weeks. Get 55% off at Babbel.com/cultcast.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple Watch Series 9 is a surprising package of new features [Review]
- Apple offers 2 fixes for watchOS 10 Weather complication bug
- iPhone 15 Pro overheating may arise from Apple ‘compromises’
- Next year’s standard iPhone won’t get a hand-me-down chip
- iPhone 16 could feature a new capacitive Capture Button
- Lots of rumors for iPhone 16 Pro models already (Joe Rossignol on X)
- The 36 best macOS Sonoma features you should try after you update
- Kuo: Low-cost Apple Vision Pro might be canceled
- Kuo: Development of Apple car has ‘lost all visibility’