This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The first reviews of the 2023 HomePod make Apple’s updated smart speaker sound pretty formidable. We can’t wait to hear for ourselves. (Unfortunately, if you didn’t already place your HomePod order, you’re probably looking at a substantial hang time.)
Also on The CultCast:
- An iPad with a folding screen might be just around the corner.
- Retina alert: Apple Watch Ultra might get an even bigger, brighter screen next year.
- Former Apple design chief Jony Ive’s latest creation is … a bright red nose!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: CultCloth
Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- HomePod 2 review roundup: Great sound but no giant leap forward
- HomePod 2 wait times stretch out until March
- Foldable iPad with carbon-fiber kickstand could launch in 2024
- Apple smart home display: Everything we know (MacRumors)
- Apple Watch Ultra with nearly 10% larger display rumored to launch next year (MacRumors)
- Jony Ive creates ‘perfect’ schnoz for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away three Orbit Universal Magnetic Stand by SwitchEasy. The stand is fully adjustable and extendable for the perfect view, with strong magnets to mount any MagSafe-compatible iPhone.
To enter, just head to the giveaway page. It’s free!