This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: The latest benchmarks make Apple’s M2 chip sound better than we thought. In fact, the new MacBook Air that the processor powers might be the perfect laptop for almost everyone.
Also on The CultCast:
- The iPhone 14 Pro’s always-on screen looks sweeeeet.
- How does Apple keep pulling off earnings miracles?!?
- What not to do when a creep steals your AirTag-equipped scooter.
- Somebody built an Apple Store time machine.
- And a truffle tangent to end all tangents.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: Squarespace
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor, Squarespace. Get all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
The CultCast livestream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- M2 MacBook Air blows away other Macs in speed test
- iPhone 14 Pro always-on screen behavior previewed in new iOS 16 wallpaper details (9to5Mac)
- Apple earnings beat pessimistic predictions
- 8 tantalizing tidbits from Apple’s otherwise stultifying earnings call
- Apple Maps extends cycling directions to all 50 states
- NYC man learns the hard way to not track down thieves with an AirTag
- The Apple Store Time Machine