This week on The CultCast: Apple — and the company’s entire supply chain — will be 100% carbon neutral by 2030, pushing the world of tech toward big changes. Plus: A powerful iOS 14 privacy feature will be great for consumers, but might kill the billion-dollar online ad industry. We’ll also tell you about some exciting new podcast features coming to Spotify, and wrap up with our favorite new gadgets on an all-new Under Review.
Our thanks to NETGEAR for supporting this episode. The Orbi WiFi 6 router gives you ultra-fast speeds and wider coverage throughout your home — it’s the biggest revolution in Wi-Fi ever. Check it out today at Netgear.com/bestwifi.
The CultCast: Episode No. 450
Apple pushes for change: It’s entire supply chain to go 100% carbon neutral
This week’s Apple news
- Apple will become carbon neutral across its entire business and manufacturing chain by 2030, the company said Tuesday.
- A new iOS 14 privacy feature spells trouble for advertisement agencies and promises to end an era of highly personalized ads.
- This week, the streaming service announced the format’s official debut on a handful of shows.
Under Review gadget picks
- Anker PowerCore 10K Wireless
- Zens Liberty 16-coil wireless charger
- Mophie UV sanitizer with wireless charging