WaterField Designs’ new Sutter Slim Backpack keeps a low profile while swallowing up a 15-inch MacBook, a 12.9-inch iPad Pro and a bunch of other gear.
A few neat features make it sound like a pretty great way to carry all that tech we drag around everyday.
“When gathering customer input for WaterField’s recent Sutter Tech Sling crowdsourced-design project, it became clear that there’s a strong need for a lightweight, executive backpack to carry a day’s work and tech gear,” said WaterField Designs owner Gary Waterfield in a press release. “The Slim’s weight-balanced design makes efficient use of space. No matter how much you stuff the bag, it keeps its svelte shape and remains comfortable on your back.”
Wait, what? Who even knew “executive backpacks” were a thing? Not me. But I guess they totally are.
WaterField Designs Sutter Slim Backpack features
Anyway, check out these features, from WaterField’s PR:
• Plushly-padded compartments cushion a 15-inch laptop and 13-inch tablet.
• Rear panel slides over wheeled-suitcase handles for hands-free airport navigation.
• Efficiently-placed pockets in distinct zones prevent bulging and insure a balanced carry.
• Exterior top pocket closes with YKK waterproof zipper — ultra-convenient for quick access especially when the bag is set down or resting on suitcase handles.
• Interior open-topped pockets organize tech accessories.
• Swing-around front pocket, accessible from either side with the bag still on one shoulder, lies behind a full-grain leather panel that extends beyond the zippers to protect contents from the elements.
• Key fob inside the front pocket allows quick key retrieval without fully removing the bag.
• Gold, water-resistant liner lights up the interior for increased visibility.
• Stiffened side and bottom panels prevent sagging and help keep bag more upright when set down.
• Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps and rear mesh padding enhance comfort and airflow.
• Comfortable leather handle facilitates an easy grab-and-go from a car seat or overhead bin.
• Rugged tan waxed canvas or black ballistic nylon with a premium full-grain leather panel presents a look that will upgrade any wardrobe.
The rear panel that lets you attach the backpack to a rolling suitcase should be a godsend for travelers. And the sag-busting hardened side and bottom panels sound like they will make the backpack work more like a hard-sided suitcase when you set it down.
Also, if you’re familiar with WaterField’s previous bags — and we totally are (just check out all our rave write-ups and reviews of WaterField bags) — you will recognize your color options. The Sutter Slim Backpack comes in two: tan waxed canvas with chocolate leather accents or black ballistic nylon with black leather accents.
Both come with WaterField’s cool (and durable) gold liner, which adds a real touch of functional class to the company’s extremely well-crafted bags.
Order a Sutter Slim Backpack and get a freebie
All in all, it sounds like a pretty compelling pitch. It had better be: The Sutter Slim doesn’t come cheap. The new tech backpack goes for $229.99.
Order a Sutter Slim Backpack by Jan. 31 and WaterField will include a free Tech Pocket for organizing all your cables, dongles, etc. The backpacks begin shipping Feb. 1.
Buy from: WaterField Designs