This week on The CultCast: Did you know about Apple’s super-secret special return and exchange policy? We’ll tell you what it is, and how to use it if you’re unhappy with your Apple purchase but outside your 14-day return window. Plus: A quest to trade up — the stories of three MacBook Pro owners trying to get Apple to trade in their newly purchased 2018 MacBook Pros for models with the brand new, smoking-fast Vega 20 GPUs. And finally, and most importantly: Happy Thanksgiving!
Our thanks to Gantri for supporting this episode. Gantri’s 3D-printed lights are both beautiful and affordable. Check them out in AR at gantri.com/cultcast, and use code CultCast at checkout for $20 off.
CultCast #363 – Black Friday steals, MacBook Pro’s new GPU, and Steve Jobs stories
@erfon / @lewiswallace / @lkahney
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple has reduced its orders for both the iPhone XS and iPhone XR.
- Apple’s stock is not at $177 as of this writing, down from an October high of $232! That’s a drop of almost 25%
- But it’s not just Apple stock that’s dropping, the DOW is also way down.
- Amazon is down 25% too. $1500 down from $2000.
- In Max Yuryev’s tests, the new Vega 20 GPU was 25-35% faster than the 560X GPU in various benchmarks.
- We’re waiting for Final Cut Pro tests, but I get they’ll be even faster there.
- In Dave 2D’s premier render tests, the Vega 20 is almost twice as fast as the 560X