The iOS 4 update is probably the most radical overhaul to Apple’s mobile operating system to date, so it was probably inevitable that it would also prove to be Apple’s most hiccup-prone update as well.
Even so, the bug complaints currently floating around the internet seem pretty severe for an Apple product and include:
• The update to iOS 4 never installs and simply reboots your device endlessly.
• Update deletes all contacts, which are not restored in backups.
• Photos that you have synced to your device with iPhoto are extremely blurry.
• Broken MMS and Push Notifications.
• Auto-lock set to one minute with no option to change it.
Those first two bugs fall under the category of “whoa nellies,” and that iPhoto bug has got to be an annoyance for people (like me) who use their devices to keep their photo albums always on hand.
Don’t get too comfortable with iOS 4… 4.1 might be just a few days around the corner if these bugs don’t iron themselves out soon.