If you’ve noticed a serious lack of actual news in your Facebook News Feed since the beginning of July, you’re not alone.
The social network recently made big changes to its News Feed algorithm to emphasize posts from friends and family, and fewer posts from the sites and pages you’ve liked. The end result has transformed many users’ feeds into an endlessly scrollable collection of baby pics, birthday posts and political drama no one wants to touch.
Thankfully, there’s a way to take back some control of your page so that important posts from news sites show up more frequently.
Control your Facebook feed
1) Go to the Facebook Page of the site you want to see news items from regularly, like Cult of Mac.
2) Like the page if you haven’t already.
3) Click the down arrow on the Like button.
4) Select See First under the In Your News Feed section.
5) Repeat for each news site you really enjoy.
If you want even more control, you can click the pencil icon next to In Your News Feed to edit notification settings, allowing you to only get alerts for videos, photos, links or status updates.