No-one wanted to love last year’s RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile more than I did. And no-one was therefore more crushed when the “game” turned out to be the soulless, cash-demanding corpse of a once-great franchise-turned-freemium nightmare.
If you join me in that opinion, you can rest easy since RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 just hit the App Store — bringing iOS gamers the straight-up port of the PC classic they deserve, complete with touch controls and not an in-app purchase in sight.
To put this in theme park terms, the difference between RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is roughly the difference between reliving the best bits of your childhood, and queuing for hours to get on an overpriced ride — only to have the sugared-up kid next to you vomit in your lap.
Features of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 include the ability to:
- Create your ultimate theme park in stunning 3D!
- Let your imagination run free in Sandbox mode.
- Play through all 18 scenarios from the original PC game.
- Watch your guests react to your park as you try to make them happy.
- Happy guests earn you more in-game money to build out your parks even more.
- Design your parks using 5 fun themes: Generic, Spooky, Western, Adventure and Sci-fi.
- See every spine tingling detail with fully controllable cameras.
- Grab a front seat for the ride of your life with the jaw-dropping Coaster Cam.
- Cope with challenging objectives, changing weather patterns and enjoy beautiful vistas, sunsets, moonlight, and more.
Another difference between the two titles is, of course, the price. While RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile was freemium, today’s new title will set you back $4.99.
If you even remotely care about sending the message that fans want quality titles rather than cheap cash-ins, though, it’s worth it for that alone.
Not to mention that the game itself is pretty darn great.
Via: Touch Arcade