Saying “I really should learn to code” is like saying, “I really should start going to the gym” — We often say it before thinking of something else to do. This bundle of coding courses will leave you without any excuses, with more than 31 hours of stem-to-stern lessons covering everything from basic web concepts through various key coding languages and the how-tos of developing for multiple platforms.
It usually goes for over $6,000, but right now the price has been slashed to $49 at Cult of Mac Deals.
Here’s some of what’s included in the bundle from 1337 Institute of Technology:
Introduction to Web Development
No idea how to code? No problem — this first principles class will prep you for the rest of the web development world.
- Learn to build a website from the ground up
- Develop a foundation of coding knowledge and explore a variety of languages
- Understand the underlying “skeleton” of a website
jQuery for Beginners
Here’s your chance to learn the web’s most essential language and framework.
- Use jQuery to build dynamic effects and site features
- Create powerful web interfaces
- Retain the material presented in the course through engaging lab exercises
- Ensure that your site will perform equally well on all browsers
- Code alongside the instructor to get hands-on experience
iOS Development for Beginners
iOS chops are a necessity for any developer these days. Master key tools like Xcode and Swift to develop amazing apps for iPhone and iPad.
- Create your own iOS applications to run on iPhone, iPad, or both
- Over six hours of video instruction on iOS development
- Participate in a wide range of lab exercises with dozens of code examples
- Build user interfaces with the Xcode storyboard
- Cover topics like saving data on the device, gestures, geolocation and media
HTML5 Mobile App Development with PhoneGap
PhoneGap is a free, open source framework that you can use to create HTML5-based apps that run smoothly on any platform.
- Sell your mobile apps in the App Store, Google Play Store, and more
- Build apps that that control audio and video, and use remote data from a server
- Make your app interact with the phone’s camera and microphone hardware
- Create and distribute apps to all major phone platforms, without coding a line of Java or Objective C
- Write your code once & then easily distribute to both iOS and Android
C Programming for Beginners
Get introduced to C programming, a prerequisite for the Objective C language powering all iOS apps, and a foundation for countless other languages like Java and PHP.
- Build a strong foundation for other languages like Objective C & PHP
- Write programs that work on iPhones, iPads, Macs and more
- Code in Objective-C to develop apps for iOS
- Learn to build lots of product types, from financial apps to video games and beyond
- Become totally comfortable programming in C by course’s end
Python For Beginners
Get introduced to underlying concepts and many applications of Python, an easy-to-learn and widely used programming language.
- Build skills adaptable to small or large projects, and easily branch into other languages
- Create custom modules and libraries
- Learn to use database operations
- Keep your code clean and pristine by debugging your work
- Write a full-fledged Python program by course’s end
Learn the essential language underlying countless web applications, and behind in-browser games and videos in your browser.
- Dive into the fundamental browser language of the web
- Work through different elements like functions, objects and strings
- Write programs that power animations, web page transitions and more
- Learn one of the most in-demand skills on the market
HTML and CSS for Beginners
HTML is fundamental to all websites and countless apps, and CSS adds the visual vocabulary to bring those pages to life, and both are key to any study in web development.
- Learn the 3 most commonly used versions of HTML
- Use HTML5 to embed audio and video into web pages
- Write CSS code to layer your pages with aesthetically beautiful elements
- Examine dozens examples and learn how to format HTML and CSS properly
- Be prepared to work w/ just about any digital media by course’s end