Pebble Watch fans have been absolutely freaking out on Twitter the last few days due to a delay with the Pebble Time app for iOS getting delayed in the App Store approval process.
After sitting in ‘pending approval’ since May 22nd, Pebble fans rallied around the #FreeOurPebbleTime hashtag to get their voices heard by Apple, but everyone can stop their whining, because the Pebble Time app for iPhone is finally available for download.
Pebble updated its Kickstarter page today announcing the availability of the Pebble Time iOS app. The company won’t say why there was a slight delay in the approval of the app. We doubt the approval had anything to do with Pebble fanboys complaining on Twitter, but that’s not stopping the company from patting itself on the back for complaining about the lengthy review process.
“We thank Apple for honoring the people who love both their Pebble watches and Apple devices,” Pebble posted in an update. “Apple’s attentiveness to the community means iOS Pebblers with iPhones can now enjoy both their Kickstarter rewards and Pebble’s awesome iOS-compatible apps. We’re glad to have Apple be a part of Pebble’s journey then, now, and into the future.”
iPhone owners can now download the Pebble Time app in the App Store for free, though it may take a few hours for it to propagate into your country’s store. Here’s a list of the new app’s features:
- Brand-new app for setting up and managing your Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel smartwatch.
- Create a Pebble account or access an existing one.
- Browse, get, and share Pebble Time apps and watchfaces on the Pebble appstore, right from the app.
- Load watchapps onto your Pebble Time watch and organize them from My Pebble.
- Find watchfaces and apps optimized for Pebble Time watch’s color display and timeline interface.
- Discover new and popular watchapps by category: Notifications, Daily, Fitness, Games, Remotes, and Tools & Utilities.
- Support for Pebble Time data sources (e.g. Timeline-based apps, weather/sports data, and more).
- Manage over-the-air software updates for your Pebble Time watch as new features and improvements happen.
- Contact Support, manage Settings, browse resources, find community links, and share suggestions with Team Pebble directly.
- New My Pebble layout – Organize what’s on your Pebble Time watch by Watchfaces and Apps/Timeline.
- Dragging downloaded watchapps within the menu reorders them and syncs the changes to your Pebble (woo-hoo!).
- My Pebble info cards – Toggle settings, set as active watchface, contact developer, and more by tapping any item within My Pebble.
- Quick watchface management – In My Pebble, the watchface with the green checkmark is the one currently active on your watch.
- Quickly change the active watchface by tapping the empty circle of another watchface in the menu.
- Enjoy it all – supports both new Pebble Time watchapps AND all items currently available in the Pebble appstore.