It’s hard to get more visually expressive and emotive than with the stark contrast of a black and white photograph.
Now with digital photography, creating black and white images is as simple as pressing a button. But if you’re confused about which black and white conversion techniques to use, unsure about how to adjust the tonal range and balance of your black and white photos using curves and masks, or have no idea what any of those things even mean – this course is for you. And you can get it from Cult of Mac Deals for a limited time for just $39.
With over 19 lectures and 6.5 hours of content, you’re not just learning post-production and Photoshop techniques. These videos will help you develop the skills and provide you with the tips for taking technically optimal – and aesthetically pleasing – black and white photographs.
In this video course, you’ll learn:
- …how to create technically optimal and aesthetically stunning black and white images with Photoshop.
- …how to develop an effective, powerful, and efficient black and white workflow.
- …how and when to use a range of powerful, flexible and non-destructive black and white conversion techniques.
- …how to evaluate the tonal range and tonal balance of an image, and how to make global and selective changes using adjustment layers, selections, masks and the Curves tool: four of the most powerful tools and techniques within Photoshop.
- …how to smooth skin tones, lighten subject’s eyes, and maximize the detail in your subject’s face.
To read about all of the requirements you’ll need to take this course, check out the Deals page.
The man behind this course is David Nightingale, an internationally acclaimed, award winning photographer, instructor, and author with the 16th most influential photoblog in the UK: Chromasia. After 15 years of teaching as a senior university lecturer David resigned to concentrate on photography, and for the last five years he has been the Creative Director of Chromasia Training Limited – an internationally acclaimed photographic and post-production training company.
If you’ve ever wanted to expand your photography skills or get started with absolutely no experience then The Art of Black and White Photography is your next step. Get it today from Cult of Mac Deals for only $39!