I just installed the whopping 250-Mbyte iPhone 2.0.1 update, and it seems to fix most of the problems everyone complained about. Among the highlights:
- Everything runs much faster. Could be my imagination, but feels nice!
- Typing is much faster. No more keyboard lag.
- Infuriatingly sluggish Contacts app now loads fast and scrolls smoothly.
- Syncing is much speedier. No longer backs up every app! TTF.
- Google Maps app seems much faster. Loads quick, smoother scrolling and zippy zooming.
- Overall, update procedure is pretty quick: It installs entirely new firmware, but songs, movies, contacts and other data is left untouched — so there’s no 45 minute restore to suffer through.
- NetShare app is not deleted. My copy of NetShare works fine after the update. Be sure to sync everything, including apps, BEFORE updating. BoxOffice also seems to sync correctly, according to reports on other sites.