Apple just announced its best June quarter ever for revenue and earnings in Apple’s history.
- Almost 2.5 million Macs shipped — 41 percent growth. Highest Mac shipments ever. The Mac is back!
- 11 million iPods sold — 12 percent growth
- $7.46 billion revenue
- $1.07 billion profit
(Last year: $5.41 billion and $818 million profit)
And this is without recording any iPhone revenues, which are being deferred until the fourth quarter.
Webcast of the analyst conference call.
Highlights from the analyst call:
- App store: 900 apps; 25 million apps downloaded; 20 percent free; 90 percent below $10.
- iPhone 3G: 22 Countries. 1 million sold in first 3 days after launch. 20 more countries on Aug 22nd
- Future Product transition: Q4. “Can’t discuss today.”