Would you consider yourself a tea connoisseur? Perhaps you spend more money on tea leaves than you would care to admit and your brewing process is comparable to that of a thousand-year-old Chinese farmer. Whether you’re an addict or a one who just enjoys an occasional cup, you should check out Tea for iPhone.
The app got a 2.0 update today with a new design and plenty of features.
Tea is a beautiful-looking app. The point is for Tea to be your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about brewing and different types of tea. In version 2.0, there’s a Tea Encyclopedia with “carefully researched preparation tips, origin maps, signs of quality, processing methods, tasting tags, and harvest seasons for all major teas.” There’s Reminders integration so you can create a list of teas to try.
You can create blends of different teas and save them to your collection in the app, and your specific teapot can be entered to automatically set water volume presets. It’s geeky stuff for geeky tea lovers.
Here’s the full change log:
- Completely refreshed design.
- Tea Encyclopedia: Carefully researched preparation tips, origin maps, signs of quality, processing methods, tasting tags, and harvest seasons for all major teas. Tea can even look up teas by nicknames, recognizing over 500 queries. (Coming soon for our British users.)
- Teas to Try: Encyclopedia integrates with Reminders and can create a list of Teas to Try based on the teas you find interesting.
- Next Time: Specify how you want to prepare your tea next time you brew it, and Tea will remember for you. No more tediously looking up your past notes when you want to improve your brew.
- Blends: Create blends of your teas.
- Teapot Picker: Register your teapot collection with Tea and use them as water volume presets.
- Photos: Take pictures of your brews and save them in your notes. Share these photos on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Weibo.
Tea costs $2 in the App Store.
Source: App Store