Apple’s web services product, formerly known as .Mac, becomes MobileMe tonight, sometime between 6pm and 12am Pacific Time. A major overhaul to the $100 per year service will let subscribers manage email, calendar and contacts, pushing new data and changes automatically to desktop, laptop and mobile devices. Photo sharing features and disk space on Apple’s webservers let members store and share large files.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- You won’t believe this bride’s mind-bending iPhone photo
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t close your open iPhone apps
- Tiny fan makes MacBook Air perform like MacBook Pro
- Stay dry with Rainbow Weather’s hyper-local AI forecasts [Awesome Apps]
- Software engineer defends Apple’s pricey Studio Display [Setups]
- Apple TV+ and Paramount+ could team up for cheaper streaming bundle
- How to find your music stats with Apple Music Replay
- What’s next for Apple Card? [The CultCast]
- Take a rare look inside Apple silicon lab
- AirPods Pro 2 drop back to Black Friday price after 24% discount